Friday, February 14, 2014

Best Friends

Friends do truly come & go.
I've learned this the hard way, many times. You think somebody is your friend & you simply find out that they weren't. Friend is, to me, a precious word. 

Friend: noun
1. a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.
2. a person who gives assistance; patron; supporter.

A friend is someone who cares for you, wants your best interest. A friend is someone you can call in a time of need, or when you're "in your feelings" (a slang saying for feeling emotional). A friend is someone who doesn't talk negatively when you're not around. A friend who cheers you on through the fight. 

Best Friends are all of the qualities above plus more. Best Friends are the ones who always have your back. Even when you're wrong they will agree with you, but later tell you what's up. Best Friends are the ones you talk to daily, they know your deepest fears & secrets. Best Friends know your family, they don't judge. They have your family members phone numbers. Best Friends are usually part of the struggle, they need to eat, you feed them. Need a girls night out, they'll cancel their plans with their boyfriend to be with you. Best Friends are the ones that when you get into an argument, no problem, yall hash it out right then & there, no grudges. Best Friends are still Best Friends through distance, haven't talked in a while? That's fine, yall will catch up in two minutes. 

I've heard a lot of people say "I don't believe in a "best friend". I simply just cannot agree. I think people say this because, like I said before, friends come & go. I think that you can have multiple Best Friends, you can have Best Friends that are no longer your friend. In that time in your life, that person was there for you, you were there for them. At that moment in time that person meant a lot to you. 

Now I don't like to use the term Best Friend loosely. But in the past year I gained a Best Friend & she's everything I've mentioned so far. 

I also have other Best Friends that I've grown up with, but who are distant. I know with out a doubt I can call anyone of them for anything & they will drop whatever they are doing to hear me & vice versa. 

I hope to find me a man that will be my Best Friend, but in the mean time I have my girls! 

Happy Valentines day yall ❤️! 
XO Sammie 

No comments:

Post a Comment